The Challenge and Solution
Our challenge was to provide a comprehensive WIFI network throughout the building while being sympathetic to the Grade 2 listed structure.
Initially the building was surveyed to test how how many access points would be required to serve the whole building. The final solution involved installing:
- 18x 802.11ac Dual band Wireless access points
- 5x Layer 2 managed POE switches
- 1x On-site hybrid cloud controller
- 1x Network router
- 1x 100 Mbit leased line
A key part of the solution involved finding new cable routes through the building without disturbing any of the existing features.
The new system now features multiple WIFI networks providing different levels of service for, public, private and conference users.
Seamless roaming is now possible throughout the building and for the first time WIFI calling can be used. This is extremely useful as mobile phone coverage is almost non existent in the main building.
A central management console provides full system administration, statistics and user management.
The system can be managed from a tablet, phone or PC either on-site or remotely. Providing complete control of the network from anywhere on any device.
- Blanket WIFI coverage in grade 2 listed building
- Upgrade of all core switches and infrastructure
- 16x Increaase in download speed 60x Increase in upload speed
- Working with BT Openreach to facilitate new fibre optic leased line
- Update to 802.11ac with full L2 management, and QoS